Gnaw Chocolate and Orange Tart.

Gnaw Chocolate and Orange Tart. - Gnaw

It is National Chocolate Week, so we’ve partnered with chef, vlogger and founder of, Ian Haste, to bring you this deliciously-scrumptious Gnaw Chocolate and Orange Tart.

Whilst it is important to have balanced diet, chocoholics will always be reluctant to give it up their sweet tooth entirely.

As Ian comments, “It is important to keep it simple and be realistic. The 80/20 rule is a great way to do just that; eat a healthy balance 80% of the time, couple that with daily exercise and feel free to indulge, a little, for the other 20%”.

Dark chocolate contains less sugar than its milk or white cousins and with the addition of Gnaw’s new heathier chocolate and granola bars, this recipe is a sweet treat that means to can have the best of both worlds.

Give it a go!


Recipe by Ian Haste

Ian Haste, Chef, Vlogger and Founder of, wanted to make easy to follow, nutritious recipes whether you ‘can cook’ (or not), or have a hectic work or family life – Ian’s mission was to get everyone in the kitchen and feeling healthier. After working long hours as a chef in Norfolk’s Gastro pubs, Ian started in 2014 with the creation of the Haste’s Kitchen You Tube Channel.



Gnaw’s Chocolate Orange Tart


For the base:

180g digestive biscuits, finely crushed

100g unsalted butter


For the chocolate mix:

240g of Gnaw dark chocolate with orange (I’ve used 4 x 35g Gnaw chocolate and granola Dark Chocolate bars, 2 x 50g Gnaw Orange Zest)

1 x tsp rock salt granules

1 x zest of one orange

100ml of double cream

25g of runny honey

80g of butter



Slowly melt the butter and crumble the crushed biscuits into the mix.

Press onto the bottom of a 20cm removable loose bottom round tin, making sure this goes up the sides to the top.

Warm the butter, honey, and cream gently in a pan. Add 3/4 of the salt and orange zest, then pour over the crumbled dark orange chocolate. (I’ve used two dark varieties made by, Norfolk’s Gnaw Chocolate).

Slowly stir the mixture until the chocolate has melted fully and pour the chocolate mix into the biscuit lined tin.

Allow to cool until hardened. (This will take around 2 hours). Then scatter with the salt and last of the orange zest.


This is great served with a classic vanilla ice cream.