Did you know that it is national chocolate week from October 12th till the 18th! A whole week dedicated to everything related to chocolate, and a day for all fellow chocolate lovers. If you are anything like us here at Gnaw, then you will have many chocolate themed goodies planned. But not to worry if you don’t, as we have a whole selection of delicious chocolate treats that are ideal for national chocolate week!
Chocolate Week Gifts
This week why not take a second to think about all the wonderful people in your life that love chocolate. Take this opportunity to let your loved ones know just how special they are to you, with some delicious chocolate. Find the perfect chocolate gift from our great selection of flavours, packages, and hampers! Help them celebrate national chocolate week with a build a bar bundle selection and choose from either 10 or 5 chocolate bundles. Send to your mum, dad, brother, sister, uncle, auntie, grandparents, and friends, or anyone special to you to make their week.
Gnawesome Chocolate Advent Calendar
You can even celebrate national chocolate week by getting ready for the Christmas countdown. You can do this with our Gnawesome Chocolate Advent Calendar! Remind your loved one that Christmas this year is going to be really special with our delicious advent calendar, which is a completely zero waste calendar as well. This is our first fully compostable Christmas calendar filled with 4 different delicious handcrafted organic chocolate flavours. Including milk chocolate, snow white chocolate, delicious dark chocolate, smooth milk chocolate and finally our yummy milk chocolate combined with organic shortbread biscuit. Delicious!
For national chocolate week we like to remind you all that we can deliver our scrummy chocolate to any location in the UK, as well as select countries in Europe. Our squirrels have been hard at work making yummy chocolate, and they want to make sure everyone gets to have a taste, especially during national chocolate week.
Chocolate Fun Facts
To celebrate national chocolate week, we have also gathered our favourite chocolate facts for you to enjoy:
- It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- Each cacao tree produces approximately 2,500 beans.
- Chocolate comes from a fruit tree and it made from a seed.
- Research to date acknowledges that chocolate can be enjoyed as part of a balanced, heart- healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Chocolate can make dogs and cats ill, so make sure you keep it away from your furry friends and enjoy all to yourself.
- Chocolate is believed to contain high levels of antioxidants.
- Some studies have suggested chocolate could lower cholesterol levels and prevent memory decline.