We currently have the following vacancies available to join our team:
Product Shift Leader - Full time, Permanent £21-£24k
Location: Gnaw Chocolate Ltd, 64-65 Norwich Livestock Market, Norwich
Reports to: Production Manager
Responsible for monitoring all areas of quality control within the production, packing, warehouse & technical areas, including recipes, specifications, packaging, target achievement, efficiencies and wastage. Provide knowledge, experience, motivation, support and advice to the teams whilst ensuring that workers follow the correct procedures and comply with company policies.
- Liaise with the manager and warehouse team to ensure all staff, materials, ingredients and machinery will be available when required.
- To be responsible for completing scheduled quality inspections and sample collections on the production and packing lines ensuring that all products meet the required standard as defined.
- Issue paperwork, daily targets, performance sheets and labels to the team
- Assist/oversee the selection/preparation of packaging materials to ensure compliance with product specifications and starting checks.
- Monitor team progress to ensure it's following the schedule.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during the shift swiftly to avoid falls in efficiency.
- Collect and assess data about the team's performance throughout the shift and feed this back to the manager.
- Carry out product weight checks and take correcting action as needed
- Ensure regular communication/briefing to provide the team with the relevant information to carry out their shift to maximum effect.
- Motivate and develop the team, to ensure planned output requirements/quality standards are met whilst ensuring all H&S guidelines are followed.
- Assist the manager in reviewing team performance regularly, by identifying areas for improvement and encouraging progress of individual team members.
- Ensure all Company specific Quality, Housekeeping & Hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Develop team working across the factory applying continuous improvement principles.
- Ensure all required documentation is accurately completed meeting compliance against EHO, SALSA, Trading Standards and Company specific quality standards.
- Contribute to the installation of all new processes and equipment within the factory.
- Carry out Opening /Closing checks and audits and supply results to the manager for action.
- Ensure all production records are fully completed and errors are rectified to ensure tractability.
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated
- Monitor all efficiency, costing and wastage targets throughout the shift, taking appropriate corrective action when needed.
- Embed and maintain the principles of Food Safety Management systems, Food Hygiene, HACCP and all other relevant legislative procedures and paperwork.
- Assist with staff training where necessary.
- Identify changes to improve efficiency within production and packing. Assist with the implementation of changes to working practices.
- Become competent in production and packing tasks, working alongside the teams with activities to ensure targets are achieved.
- Follow opening and closing procedures and take key holder responsibilities when requested
Person Specification - Experience and Skills
- Ability to use own initiative and to work as part of a team and independently.
- Thrives under pressure whilst promoting a positive target focused attitude.
- Previous successful experience of motivating staff to consistently meet aims and objectives.
- Experience of identifying and successfully implementing changes to improve performance and efficiency.
- Embrace the idea of change & promote a positive image
- Be able to self-motivate, prioritise and manage own time over a variety of tasks.
- Experience of working in a food production or in a manufacturing environment.
- Up to date training and experience in food hygiene, Health & Safety, HACCP & COSHH.
- Current certificate in Level 2 Food Safety Hygiene.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Good level of mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience of working with and understanding the technical elements of chocolate.
- Experience of using specialist chocolate / packing machinery and equipment.
- Experience of carrying out Quality Control and auditing duties.
- Current certificate in Level 3 Food Hygiene or higher.
- NVQ 2 or equivalent in Catering.
- Level 2 or higher in HACCP principles.
- Experience of working with SALSA, BRC or ISO standards.
- Ability to verbally communicate well with both internal and external customers, effectively handling difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate individual and team targets and business requirements with staff and effectively support performance both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to articulate praise, difficulties and concerns in a professional and considerate manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Language: Fluent spoken & written English (Required)
Shifts: Evening (Required) Morning (Required)
Work remotely: No